Birthdays are supposed to be exciting and an added reason to party with friends and family. But what happens when your birthday date collides with some other big day? Like new year, valentine’s day, April fools day, Christmas, Diwali, Bakri Eid etc..
Here are the things people experience when their birthday collides with a big day.
1. People often wish ‘Happy New Year’, instead of ‘Happy Birthday’
Fuck new year, it’s my birthday today! #SadStoryOf1stJaners.
2. Happy Valentine’s day, Oh! It’s your birthday today? That’s cool, do you get two gifts then?
Eerr… I am single and screw Valentine’s day, it’s my birthday today man!
3. Friends pull a prank and wish April fools day! You go like, it’s my birthday today!
Your friends make fun of that too!
4. Never get to celebrate Birthdays in schools or colleges, because it always falls on a public holiday
So the class won’t stand up and sing Happy Birthday for you!
5. Suddenly restaurant prices shoot up and people have time to come to your party
Only because it clashes with a big holiday!
6. A part of you feels bad, cuz your birthday is not the most exclusive reason to celebrate
It feels like just another celebration. Where is the birthday feel? Where is your spotlight?
7. If birthday falls on the day of some big festival, then none of your friends are available
Festival times are family times, sorry buddy!
8. Random people remember your birthday cuz of the popular date and ask for treats
And you wonder where they were throughout the year?
9. Sometimes your family is so engrossed with the preparations for festivals that they forget to wish you
Excuse me, I was born in this house some years ago. How could you forget that?
10. If it falls in the month of Shravan, then say goodbye to non-veg delicacies
Deal with paneer, that is all that you get for your birthday!
11. Sometimes the clash can be cool, cuz it adds to the celebration of your special day
People usually have holidays and make it a point to meet you.
12. It feels like the whole world is celebrating your birthday
And you’re the luckiest person on this planet.
13. Get to shop double and get double gifts
For your birthday and the festival.
14. You always fight mix emotions, you’re happy and kinda sad that it clashes with another big occasion
but you’re happy anyway!
15. You feel ecstatic to have so many reasons to celebrate
Your birthday rarely passes by silently. Fun is always there.
It’s a blessing in disguise to share your birthday with another big occasion. All that should matter at the end is to celebrate every birthday with high spirits ? and make every passing year count for good.