It’s 31st December today. You’re mostly going to get sloshed tonight. And you might just make the mistake of texting someone you recently broke up with or remembering an ex whom you never really quite got over.
So, here are a few types of texts (or the exact same) you should completely prohibit yourself from sending your ex.
1. “I miss you.”
No. You don’t. You’re just drunk.
2. “I’m really sorry.”I’m really, really sorry. It was my fault. Please come back. Let’s start afresh.”
No, you don’t need to start afresh. If you do, it’s without them.
3. Song lyrics.
Songs do weird shit to you. Don’t even think of charting this territory.
4. “Hey, what’s up?/Can we talk?/Just wondering what you were up to…”
You’re doing well aren’t you? Then you don’t need to know what’s going on with them.
5. ? ? ? <3
God, not the smiley avalanche!
6. “Why didn’t you text me back?” “Did you get my message?”
No time for being clingy my dear!
7. Sexy pics.
No, you don’t need a booty call. At least not your ex.
Brace yourself for the disappointment. Or just don’t go down that road.
9. “By the way, I’m doing JUST GREAT.”
They really don’t care if you ask me.
10. “Why did you waste so much of my time?”
You didn’t know. Nor did they. It’s not wasted time, it’s experience gained.
11. “I’m thinking of you…”
Only because there’s too much booze running through your veins.
12. “I just want to say goodbye.”
They have already said theirs through their actions. Doing this will only make it more painful for you.
My dearies, please restrain yourself from sending out any of these just because it’s 31st of December, today.
You wouldn’t want to start your New Year with a disappointment, would you?